Sunday, January 6, 2008

Please Help: I Need Abs

How can I get abs? How do I get a flat stomach? I probably here these questions more than any other on a day to day basis. The secret to a six pack has baffled people for years. People tell me they have been working on their abs for months, but still have flab around there stomach. Here's your first secret to why you don't have flat abs....PERFECT ABS CANNOT BE ACHIEVED BY DOING A MILLION CRUNCHES A DAY! Despite what I say, many people think they can achieve abs by doing ab exercises till they want to throw up every day.

The biggest myth about abs is that crunches and other exercises will get rid of excess fat. This is simply not true. The media is partially to blame for this myth. How many times a week do you see infomercials about the new ab equipment that will take inches off your waist? I probably see one every day. Why else would people spend so much time and money on this equipment if they believed it wouldn't work. The fact is abs are hard to get. I have been bodybuilding for years and the hardest part is always bringing my abs back to tip top shape. Flat abs require hard work, and the only way to do this is by lowering your body fat.

The only way to lose body fat is:

1. Regular Cardio
2. Strength Training (ab exercises)
3. Healthy, low calorie diet

You must have all three of these to be anywhere near being on the right track to flat abs. Now many of you may say...I do all three of these and still cannot see my abs. Well in that case, I have a great link I want you to look at. On the left side of my page under best fitness products and services on the web, click on burn fat to build great abs. This link will take you to a wonderful site that provides you with tons of tricks to help even the most stubborn bodies shed fat around there abs. I strongly recommend looking into this site.

Now, go get started on your abs...only 6 more months till summer!

Have a great day

the fitness expert

No comments: