Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Guide To Gaining Weight...Part 2

Ok, so by now all you potential weight gainers should be on day 2 of your diet log. How many calories are you getting? Probably not as many as you thought huh? Now for those of you who want that weight gain to be quality...here are some great workouts to go along with that new and improved diet. This is loosely based on what I do, and involves hitting the gym 4 days a week. For many of you that may be a stretch, and you can modify this the way you want, but this will work for you ectomorphs. Ready to put on size? Here we go

Monday: Chest day

I usually take Monday as my chest day, the reason is, chest will take alot out of you so you want to hit it early in the week when you are not to fatigued.

Flat Bench Press-2 warm up sets and then 3 real sets 6-8 reps....no more than that
Incline Dumbbell Press- 3 sets 6-8 reps
Dumbbell Flys- 3 sets 6-8 reps

You are done with chest day. Sound different than what your used to? The problem with many ectomorphs training is they over train. You need to keep your workouts short, sweet, and as heavy as possible to grow.

Tuesday: Legs

I know you all hate doing legs....the ladies or guys don't care about what my legs look like. Well let me tell you a little story. I knew a guy back in college who was huge...Probably 6'2 and 230 pounds or so. Huge arms, Big chest, Wide Back....perfect. I asked him what day...hey man what do you weigh. Oh he said, I'm about 180. What? Well I don't train legs so I don't have alot of weight right there. Now, he always wore pants so I never really saw his legs, but he pulled his pants up a little and he looked like an ostrich walking around. Moral of the story...don't look weird..train your legs. That was kind of a joke, but you need a good trunk to make the branches look good. Besides, your body will produce the most amount of testosterone when you do legs...so do legs and the rest of your body will grow.

Squats- 2 warm up sets and 4 real sets 6-8 reps
Leg Extension- 3 sets 6-8 reps
Calf Raises- 4 sets 15 reps
Leg Curl-3 sets 6-8 reps

All done with legs

Wednesday- off day

Thursday-Back and Triceps

Thursday and Friday we will hit two muscles on the same day. Most people will combine back and bis, but I say back and tris. The reason is an ectomorph like yourself will have a hard enough time gaining weight as it is. When you work back you are working your biceps as well...so I would rather we do these two on separate days.

Deadlift-most important lift to putting on mass 3 sets 6-8 reps
Lat Pulldown- 3 sets 6-8 reps
Bent Over Row- 4 sets 6-8 reps
Done with Back

Skull Crushers 3 sets 6-8 reps
Tricep Pushdowns- 3 sets 6-8 reps
Dips- 3 sets 8 reps

Done with Triceps

Friday- Biceps and Shoulders

This will be your last day of the week...try and hit shoulders first as they will take more out of you.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press- 3 sets 6-8 reps
Side Raises-3 sets 6-8 reps
Front Dumbbell Raises- 3 sets 6-8 reps

Barbell Curl-3 sets 6-8 reps
Dumbbell Curl Seated 3 sets 6-8 reps
Cable Curl-3 sets 6-8 reps

You are done for the week now...restart again Monday with chest and follow this along with your diet and you will put on weight...guaranteed. If you have any question leave me a comment or feel free to email me. If you don't know what some of these exercises are, email me and I would be glad to explain. I also recommend a very good ebook on the left side of my page....its about putting on muscle for a skinny guy...click on the link on the left side of my page and check it out. Good Luck...be back tomorrow.

fitnessexpert

No comments: